Robert David Leonard Jr.
Robert Leonard, Jr. brings to Passiv Science over 35 years of experience in all aspects of construction, including direct field hands-on experience in carpentry, plumbing, heating, and general construction. A former construction business owner and manager, Leonard has worked over the last ten years in the roles of Project Manager and Safety Director for Structures Design/Build, where he has been responsible for the implementation of testing and verification protocols for the construction of high performance projects.
Leonard spreads the dual message of energy consciousness and building occupant health choices through his career and through various presentations, including regular TV appearances for contractor segments on local NBC affiliate WSLS in Roanoke, VA. His reputation as an expert in airtight building envelopes is supported by his project record:
- Center for Energy Efficient Design, Certified Airtest 0.59 ACH50
- Hillel at Malcolm Rosenberg Center, Certified Airtest 0.53 ACH50
- Hickory Hall at Emory and Henry College, Preliminary Airtest 0.18 ACH50
- Dental Clinic, Preliminary Airtest 0.22 ACH50
- Specht Residence, Certified Airtest 0.59 ACH50
- Huff~Collins Residence. Certified Airtest 0.53 ACH50
- Wallace Residence., Certified Airtest 0.57 ACH50